Our programs for homeschoolers take the following approach:
• Small classes offer each student personal attention and feedback.
• Programs are appropriate for home school environment, where parents can help students at home with handouts and supplemental online materials
• Students develop all skills associated with Chinese language, including speaking, listening, reading, and writing characters.
• Chinese Now! also serves the family, offering families of our youth students access to a library of DVD documentaries about China and recommendations regarding activities related to China in the area. Please also ask us about traveling to China if you are interested!
We have the flexibility to structure programs based on your family’s or your homeschool community’s needs but would suggest you consider the following:
• Enrichment Program: This is a once a week, one-hour group class, best offered separately to students aged five to nine or nine to 12. Classes focus principally on simple daily conversations and listening in an active, high-energy environment. Instructors engage students with games, songs, stories and activities. Offered in 12-week sessions. Students may enroll in multiple sessions to build familiarity with the language. Ideal as an enrichment offering for a homeschool community.
• Academic Program: This program is designed for students and families with greater interest in Chinese language. Classes meet two or three times per week, typically for 75 or 90 minutes. Uses curriculum that is specifically designed for American students. Ideally offered as a semi-private or small group class to students from one or more homeschool families.
For more information about Chinese Language Programs for Homeschoolers, please contact us.
© 2013 English Now! All rights reserved. Images of Washington, DC, by Jack Haefner Photography. Other images by Visual Mart/Image Zoo/IPNSTOCK, Andres Rodriguez, Yuri Arcurs, wayoutwest, and PcitureBuff.